Sunday, January 16, 2011

Photojournalism Week 1

I did my photojournalism assignment in Pittsburgh today. I have to admit, I was really not looking forward to doing it. I actually ended up having a ton of fun. I met some really awesome people through the whole thing and I just really enjoyed it. My photojournalism class basically just SHOVED me out of my comfort zone. I've always been really ehhh with taking pictures of people on the streets, or doing any sort of creeping, but my one instructor was totally right. All you gotta do is learn how to blend in with the environment..and not be so terrified of what you're doing. Just get the shot.

I really really appreciate the people that took the time to stop and let me take their photo. You helped me out a bunch. Thanks! :)

Obviously I can't post all the pictures I took today (I took over 100). Some of them are for other assignments, so I'll try to post them later when I get the time..

(click on photos to view larger)

My absolute favorite shot of the day...

This guy was just so in to his book. I saw him from the other side of the street and I HAD to get a photo. It turned out to be amazing.



These next few people were VERY nice. Thank you all so much for the help. It was great meeting you! Sorry about the first picture, I'm not sure what your name is, but I cut off part of your face! I have a few other ones, but I like the angle on this one the best. If you would like to see the rest, just email me!



 






Steeler fans!! (GO STEELERS!!! ALMOST AT THE SUPERBOWL!)




A few of my creeper shots..(these are mostly bikes...except the first one..)








2 comments: