Friday, January 7, 2011

I always knew my first accident would be from someone rear ending me

What I am thankful for tonight -
1) Me & my friends are alive
2) I did NOT slide in to the main road
3) I was at the front of the rear ending..I'm responsible for nothing!

THANK GOD. Nobody has any idea how HAPPY i am that I did not slide in to the busy main road.

I did have a new photo thing planned.. which didn't exactly turn out considering I ended up getting in a 3 car accident. Nothing bad. Let me explain...

So, I made the decision to go to the high school with my two friends to go see the talent show (why I suggested this idea.. I have NO idea...Anyways, the roads were kind of icy on the way there, not bad if you're driving slow. So yeah, I showed my face at the high school, and after it was over I walked outside with my two friends to discover the entire school parking lot COVERED in snow. I went out, extremely extremely slow.. and decided leave out the one exit near the back because I thought that I might have a better chance at not getting in an accident that way than going down the massive hill. Going down.. going down.. slowly.. I look in my rear view mirror..and one of the first things that came out of my mouth after I left the school was "Why is that car driving so close to me??" It was super snowy & icy on the road I was driving down, and it was a hill. So there I am... creeping down..and then I started sliding right toward the main road (which at the time was very busy)...and all I could imagine was me and my friends getting completely annihilated by the cars on the main road..BUT.. since I could not regain control of the car, my first reaction was to head towards the right off into the grass by the trees.. i would much rather take a chance at sliding into a few trees at 5mph than get nailed by several cars going 35 mph. I did manage to pull off the road and come to a complete stop without hitting anything... buuuut, the car that was driving right on top of me didnt. they ended up bumping in to the back of my car (my moms BRAND NEW FORD FOCUS!! i took it because it has better brakes than my cavalier and my mom suggested i take it).. I got out of the car to check out if there was any damage, and it didn't look like there was but it's dark out and we couldn't see..I still don't know if the car is ok.. the girl that hit me reversed her car and backed it away from mine. I don't know why on earth she would do that.. several other cars were coming down that road (most were sliding but stayed away from our cars) and then I saw a white car (i think it was an older jeep) trying to make its way down..and the jeep ended up sliding down the road side ways and hit the back of the car of the girl who hit me...and that pushed her car back in to mine AGAIN. It was all really minor stuff, but I called the cops and my parents.. and I LOVE MY PARENTS. Mom & dad to the rescue! I got out and took pictures (I know what goes down with these kinds of accidents, I watch Judge Judy! :D ) This is another reason I ALWAYS carry my camera on me. I never ever know when i'm going to need it.

Basically, the accident was teeny. Just a few fender benders. But it could have been a lot worse, and I am so thankful that God helped me stay calm while I was sliding toward traffic so I could think clearly and pull off to the side of the road instead of panicking and sliding more.

Brittany says she was impressed with how calm I was.
THANKS!

I have said this several times before..
-My first car accident is going to be from someone rear ending me, because everybody drives so effing close to me since I do the speed limit!-

I was right. WIN!


I have to post these since I couldn't really get new pics tonight..fail. Claire is always a good subject though. Best friends rock. and so does finding toads in your best friend's driveway.






No comments:

Post a Comment