Sunday, January 9, 2011

My miracle pills

I suffer from migraines. By 12th grade, I was getting about 4-5 a week and nothing would help them. It was difficult getting through the school day with a constant pounding in my head, but I somehow managed to do it. I went to a neurologist, and this is what he prescribed me. Thankfully, it works.


Nortriptyline.. it's actually an antidepressant, but in some cases (like mine) it can be used to treat migraines. I was put on this first to get my migraines to spread out more.. once they started spreading out, I was told to stop taking it and go to this next pill...





Maxalt... oh how I love thee.. I do not take this every day, I take it when I feel a migraine coming.  It makes me feel extremely screwy for about 45 minutes, and it makes my head feel like there is tons of pressure on it.. but after that 45 minutes, I feel NOTHING. It's the best feeling in the world. By the way, this is an HDR photo.


I go back to school tomorrow..YAY!!!! Is it weird that I'm excited to go back? I hate the whole getting up at 5:30am thing, but it's only Monday & Tuesday, & I LOVE going to AIP anyways. I'm super happy when I'm there. I can say though, that I'm not looking forward to chemistry. I still can't figure out what chemistry has to do with photography, buuut.. whatever.. I'm taking it online, so it's only 5 1/2 weeks instead of 11. This quarter, I have a film photography class along with my digital ones.. I can't wait to get more in to film..

Professionals use digital.. Masters use film!... I am neither...yet... Just you wait!



That's me!.. with my film SLR and my digital SLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment