Monday, May 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Passion - News class

Woohoo! It's week 9..which means only 2 more weeks until I am a 5th quarter student!...The time went by way too fast. I can't believe I was graduating from high school this time last year.. It really doesn't seem like it was that long ago.. I mean, I guess it wasn't.. but it doesn't feel like a year should go by this fast. I don't even feel like I've accomplished that much, because I haven't been able to actually focus on school until just recently. I feel like the majority of my photographs are terrible, and I realized last week that I lack confidence in myself.. I have this scavenger hunt to do for my news photography class, and that involves me going around and finding certain types of people to photograph. The one reason I've been absolutely terrified about this project is because people are giving me their time to help me do this, and I don't want to create something that absolutely sucks, because I really want something to give back to them....

Well last week I had the opportunity to photograph Rachel, a player on the women's football team in Pittsburgh called Pittsburgh Passion. We only spent about 15 minutes together, but it was a lot of fun, and for once I actually liked the images I took.. All I used was my 580ex off camera, an umbrella, and a Heather (who I thought was going to blow away) to hold the lightstand cause it was so windy :D
I haven't worked on the other ones yet, but there will be a few more in the next post.

Thanks Rachel!





1 comment: