Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jerry Uelsmann class assignment

There is a really funny story that goes along with this picture..

Hmmm...well...I spent almost 2 hours trying to get a house to blend in to this tree. My teacher kept coming over to mess around with it, and eventually I was just like yeeeeah I'm not going to work on this one anymore, I'm going to do something else because this house just isn't blending. So I made this instead.. in about 5 minutes. Shortly after, my teacher came over saying "WOW THAT'S GREAT!! THAT'LL MAKE A GREAT PORTFOLIO PIECE!" I honestly had no idea how to even respond to him since I made it in such a short amount of time and I spent so much time trying to make the other one. I just laughed.

The photo is actually based off of Jerry Uelsmann's work.
http://www.uelsmann.com/


(click to view larger)


4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I hope I can get a good one for this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I want this one too! My whole apartment is going to be covered in your work! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and good job posting! I check all the time!

    ReplyDelete