Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Television is served

This is random but I feel like I have to announce this to the world.. or the few people that read this.. BUT.. I just found out that Mika Nakashima is the actress in the beginning of Resident Evil Afterlife..I didn't even recognize her..and then I read the cast and saw her name.. I doubt anybody reading this knows who she is... well, all I really know about her is that she is an awesome singer..and she's an actress.. heh..

On to the photos...


This makes me laugh. I really dislike television sometimes... ok maybe most of the time. I'm not a big TV/movie watcher.. there are very few television shows or movies that I actually take the time to watch (like Resident Evil, of course). I hate the idea of just sitting there.. watching.. I always feel like I should be doing something. I also don't like when the television becomes more important than conversation, and that's basically why I took this picture. My family sat down at the table tonight to eat, and right before I sat down, my mom had told me to go turn up the TV so we could hear it. I found myself grabbing the remote and bringing it with me to the dinner table to turn up the television. I really didn't care about what was on, I never really do. But after I turned up the volume, I set the remote on the table. Then it hit me... why is the remote on the dinner table? Why is television becoming such a huge part of our lives? It's really disappointing that we have let something like this take the place of conversation during dinner... I could easily live without cable...
.. and that's all I have to say about that picture..


Another one. I was going to post this tomorrow, but decided to just add it in to this post. I love this picture. I did my final project for my photo history class at school and based my photos off of Karl Blossfeldt. He took a lot of pictures of plants and I thought it was really cool that he could take a picture of something so simple and make it look so interesting. I took this idea a little further than just plants and did it on various objects or places I found in every day life... anyways, this picture reminds me of his photos. If you don't know him, search on google. I'll post some photos from my photo history project tomorrow :) This picture actually wasn't part of it, I just took it the other day. My mom had a plant sitting by a window and I loved the way the light was hitting it. It just looked so pretty and I knew I could get a nice picture of the leaves. I took several, but this is probably my favorite.

That's all I have...
kthnxbye!
:P

No comments:

Post a Comment