Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Life is beautiful

Well, it's really late.. and this is my first post. This blog is pretty much for my photos and maybe a few other random things that I might decide to post in here. I'm going to try really hard to keep it updated and to post at least one new picture every day (which probably won't happen), but I'll post as often as I can.

Hmm.. I guess I should explain the blog name. Vita pulchra est is Latin for life is beautiful, which I find to be the perfect name for this thing. Photography always has me looking at the world, always looking at things that people wouldn't normally notice. It really helps me see just how beautiful life really is. That doesn't mean I don't realize that there are problems in the world. I am completely aware that not everything around us is a beautiful sight to see, like starvation, homeless people, drugs, the list can go on and on. But the beauty comes in realizing that these things exist and trying to do what you can to make the world a better place. You might not realize it, but you, yes YOU, have the power to change a person's life for the better. Something as simple as a conversation can save someone's life. There is beauty in chaos. I've had my problems in life, everybody does. But I will not let what has hurt me bring me down and prevent me from seeing the good in this world.

So, here's the end of this post. Annnnd here's a picture.....


I took a picture exactly like this when I first got my camera, but recently decided to redo it for a photography assignment at school. I did it for a portraiture assignment and considered it to be a self portrait. This is my favorite fortune. It probably sounds goofy to say that I have a favorite fortune, but it's true. I've never really had a fortune mean anything to me.. after all.. it's just a piece of paper from a cookie.... but I keep this one on my dresser. It sits there to constantly remind me that no matter what I'm going through, I will make it through and I will accomplish my dreams.

Hope you liked my first post.. (heh.. well, I hope someone actually took the time read it :P ) Oh.. and.. I'll work on making this pretty later. It's way too late now.. I just wanted to get something started.

Annnnnd one more thing to add in here. My pictures are not yours, so please do not use them for anything without permission.  

No comments:

Post a Comment